Tuesday 13 March 2018

An Outing at Isetan Eat Paradise


It was another day when my brother had to play Grabcar driver to his sister. Hee..hee... And every time that happens, I look forwards to our makan session.

This time, we made our way to Isetan Eat Paradise@1-Utama. We have been here before to eat ramen and we had no idea what to eat until we saw this sign.


It looked good and the place was not busy at that hour.


The menu is quite extensive mainly because there were many permutations to the meal-in-a-bowl. I settled for the Hokkaido Pork Don with Ajitama Egg (it was the egg that made me choose this) while my brother went with the Tokyo Pork Don with Unagi.

Brother and sister were very hungry hence side dishes were in order, in case the dons were not enough. We had the Chicken Karaage and Soft Shell Crab Salad. For drinks, it was cold green tea for both of us.


My Hokkaido Pork Don with Ajitama Egg came like this, just like in the photo on the menu. Underneath the pork slices is rice with some lettuce.


I thought the grilled pork was very tasty, tasted something like bak-kwa. This porky rice bowl was served with a bowl of miso soup and some condiments.


The ajitama egg was very nice.


My brother's Tokyo Pork Don with Unagi was also pretty good.


The pork is not grilled but braised, I think. My brother gave me a slice to try and I thought it was very well seasoned. 


I did not try the unagi and my brother's feedback was that it was nice and soft, softer that the unagi that he buys from the supermarket. 


The Chicken Karaage was all right, not as good as Connie's (of the now closed Hokano) said my brother. 


The Soft Shell Crab Salad was served with a sesame dressing and it was nice.


I would say that I like the food here and it also made a good impression on my brother as he said that he would return on his own.


Perhaps I should bring my partner here for our Friday date night :)

28 comments:

  1. I like Japanese foods, I go KL, we jio Mama Kucing go eat ya...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The presentation was impressive. Your pork Don looked so good, I am drooling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the presentation look nie and creative

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have walked past this poster many times and never tried because we would always go for the Ramen at Menya Musashi. What is the white dollop "that looks like mayo or cream" - one of the 3 condiments? I believe my spouse would like to eat the dish that you ordered if it tastes a bit like bakwa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I see you like the ramen at Menya Musashi. Me too but I haven't been for a while. The white dollop is actually mayo. Quite unnecessary I think.

      Delete
  5. Your brother's pork don with unagi is rather cheap seeing the generous amount of unagi he got for the price (with pork belly some more!). That looked like a whole unagi and a big one at that. I've bought supermarket unagi once (a long time ago) and it tasted terrible and I never bought them again. I'd prefer the one you ordered as the pork looks properly caramelised. It probablyh tasted like bak kwa because of the sticky sweet teriyaki sauce brushed on the pork.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I looked at the photo, I realized that it was a good portion. We were quite full just from the don. I would return for the unagi.

      Delete
  6. Somehow it does not have the elegance and creative artistry of the presentations at many Japanese restaurants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess there's not much one can do with a bowl of rice and meat.

      Delete
  7. The dishes indeed look kind of special compared to the ones I have here in Ipoh.... Another three days away from Friday...Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, looking forwards to Friday. Always. LOL!

      Delete
  8. It would be a good idea for a place to eat on a date. The servings look pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my partner might like this :)

      Delete
  9. Their food is really good and up to the Japanese standard cos my Japanese clients took me there to eat few times. They swore to me never to eat at Sakae Sushi or Sushi King as it is an embarrassment for them to see me eat there!! Siao lang!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree the food there is good. I was at Sushi Zanmai yesterday. I think your Jap clients pun won't like this place.

      Delete
  10. Tried the pork don once and I really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish we had eatery places like the ones you've been showing, where they serve the 'real deal'...actual Asian cuisine, and not just the Americanized versions of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I dined at a Taiwanese restaurant in Boston once and my tastebuds were shocked. I thought the food was awful :(

      Delete
  12. wah...looks so premium! I like unagi so much, tht I can have the entire bowl with add-on unagi...drooling!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go there are try it out. I think you will sure enjoy your meal.

      Delete
  13. Both look very delicious to me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very. Can come back again for more :)

      Delete