Monday 19 September 2016

Sorry Muchachos. No Churros.


After our lunch at Superthai, we adjourned to Molten Chocolate Cafe@Damansara Uptown. After having eaten the fabulous desserts here, my brother and I simply had to let our parents experience the euphoric inducing chocolate delights.

Not only that, I wanted to take advantage of my discount voucher.


Interested? Head over to their Facebook page. Offer is only up to 30th September 2016 and there is still time.

We placed an order for the Molten Master Brownies and the Amazing Churros.


I am sad to say that the Molten Master Brownies was a disappointment. Why? Because the brownies were hard and dry. It was as if they were prepared ahead of time and had stayed in the freezer for way too long (or not properly warmed up).


It was so gritty that not even the ice cream or whipped cream could save it. What a pity.

So, to play safe, only order those molten ones like the Brownies on Sizzling Hot Plate or Molten Lava Cake because these have to be prepared from scratch.

Then these were brought to the table. The Mini Waffle with Stick Ice Cream. We did not order this item (the picture is on the discount voucher) but since it was served (and we liked what we saw) we accepted it.

Photo source : Molten Chocolate Cafe Facebook page.
I was too excited to take a photo (hence had to borrow from their FB) and when I realized that, it was too late.


Hah..hah...that was our work-in-progress. Now, these were wonderful. They more than made up for the let down with the brownies.

After we finished with the second dessert, the server came and told us apologetically that there was a malfunction with the churros machine. The kitchen could not get it going in spite of many attempts. 

Geez..............another disappointment. First dry brownies and now no churros

Never mind. These thing happen and I guess mum and dad would have to wait for their next trip to taste the churros.

But hey, my brother has yet to redeem his voucher (nyiah....nyiah...nyiah....) and we must make another trip to Molten Chocolate Cafe before end of the month. This time, I'll call up first to make sure the churros machine is in proper working order hah..hah...

Oh wait! I have one more thing to redeem. 


You want that? It's also on their Facebook page.

24 comments:

  1. I'm glad there was at least one winner! Fingers crossed for delicious churros when you visit next :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like a piece of happiness now haha.

    Such a pity the brownie was too dry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never mind, you can still go there again for the churros. I see all your photos I could taste the sweetness in my mouth. Nowadays I can only eat a vety small portion of sweet taste so must share these goodies with many people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The desserts here are good for sharing as the portion size for one person could be too much.

      Delete
  4. I would certainly think that all the brownies would be from the same recipe and should taste the same...but not, huh? (maybe not the molten lava cake since that has to be freshly baked). Sorry muchacho that you didn't get to have your churros...but I did recently (which I will be writing soon)...hehe! ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They would be the same recipe just that these were frozen. Brownies freeze well but must be properly warmed up. Oh, you had churros. Looking forwards to your post :)

      Delete
  5. Oh dear! Not sweet? I would order just one item and everybody can share, must not over-indulge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look forward to your write up, the next visit...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your parents are so blessed to be well pampered by their "sweet" children. I thought the brownies looked very artistic and I like their patterns!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The plating here is good, makes the desserts even more tempting.

      Delete
  8. Pity! You could have done a little dance then had it been a euphoric experience.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wah, syioknya.

    Sure good lah, the mini waffle with stick ice cream until PH also cannot wait to take photo first. Hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally forgot about the camera hah..hah...

      Delete
  10. The above desserts are making me drool... well, all except for the brownie! They should leave it in the microwave awhile longer, huh? Anyway, never mind la.. one more chance to go again, with your nyiak nyiak nyiak, your brother will surely make it soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope so lah to go again and enjoy hee..hee...

      Delete
  11. Jilaka! I should save your blog for reading during lunch time instead of night time! Cannot crave chocolate-y goodies now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next time you standby a bar of chocolate before you click :)

      Delete
  12. What a wonderful mouth watering post. I am craving for something chocolaty now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hee..hee..go have a piece of chocolate!

      Delete